Topical session GSA 2022: Source to Surface Magma Thermodynamics and Transport

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Wendy Bohrson <bohrson@xxxxxxxxx>

Colleagues,

Please see below for an announcement of a topical session at GSA Connects
in October.

*T87: Source to Surface Magma Thermodynamics and Transport:
Interdisciplinary Approaches to Documenting the How, Where, and When of
Magma Generation and Evolution During Ascent, Storage and Eruption*

We seek work that integrates field, computational, experimental, and/or
analytical approaches to document source to surface transport dynamics and
thermodynamics of magmas on Earth and other planetary bodies. We hope to
attract research that illuminates new ways to think about the physical and
chemical changes magmas experience during source to surface transport.

We encourage submissions from scientists who are at any level in their
professional journey; early career professionals and students are
encouraged to submit, as are mid to later stage professionals.

*Abstracts for GSA 2022 are due July 19th!*

*Go to **https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2022/program/technical*__;Kg!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cAY16YwesWXgN0F-HyvHW4gJq8zuMe_DDTL41dhBmSG-r1QZU_HwLa04QeVnZ8lN3o6sp5rsQ5QOeSwc$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2022/program/technical__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!fUWMvPcUzYry3tL4YolGgHklWFg2KWBqeTGjy5kLgYp0jBXMNNLIsYdVMfT2e0ZAmDlYICbs39dAYz15$>*
submit an abstract.*

Best regards,

Wendy Bohrson, Valerie Strasser, Monike Distefano, Colorado School of Mines

Paula Antoshechkina , California Institute of Technology

Frank Spera, UC Santa Barbara

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pdx.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cAY16YwesWXgN0F-HyvHW4gJq8zuMe_DDTL41dhBmSG-r1QZU_HwLa04QeVnZ8lN3o6sp5rsQ2-Ve0Ov$

GVP - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.volcano.si.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cAY16YwesWXgN0F-HyvHW4gJq8zuMe_DDTL41dhBmSG-r1QZU_HwLa04QeVnZ8lN3o6sp5rsQ8rwDvux$

IAVCEI - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cAY16YwesWXgN0F-HyvHW4gJq8zuMe_DDTL41dhBmSG-r1QZU_HwLa04QeVnZ8lN3o6sp5rsQwwKZdT1$

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 29 Jun 2022 to 2 Jul 2022 (#2022-68)