Bowen Award - Call for Nominations

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: "Cottrell, Elizabeth" <cottrelle@xxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

The Volcanology-Geochemistry-Petrology section of AGU is seeking
nominations for the 2022 Norman L. Bowen Award and Lecture.  The Bowen
Award is presented annually to one or more mid-career or senior scientists
in recognition of outstanding contributions to the fields of volcanology,
geochemistry, and petrology. Awardees will be selected for the honor based
on a single outstanding paper published in any journal, a series of papers,
or any other contribution which the Bowen Award Committee deems worthy.
Special consideration is given to nominees who have not previously received
an award/medal.

A full description of the award, instructions for submitting nominations,
and a list of recipients may be found at:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.agu.org/Honor-and-Recognize/Honors/Section-Awards/Bowen-Award-and-Lecture__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!L6wzjtTas4wmU7jeyjhTKqlK6SddAGZkwLbCVYfroHYPSjc5eE1_IGtgK9vqxY8$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.agu.org/Honor-and-Recognize/Honors/Section-Awards/Bowen-Award-and-Lecture__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KTTCTAlUdFNoHKLGRQfx1ft-fKs3h47LyiG_Ar8fo-f1uAHjU3jnXIXLiTvBK7yQCzs$>

*The deadline for submitting a nomination for the 2022 Bowen Award is April
1, 2022.*  This is a little earlier than in past years.

Please think broadly about what constitutes contributions to the field of
volcanology, geochemistry and petrology.  While research achievement is
important, the committee considers other factors as well, including
mentoring, outreach, service, capacity building, and broadening
participation in VGP. We encourage you to consider nominating someone from
a group historically underrepresented among our communityâ??s honorees.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Liz Cottrell, 2022 Chair of the Bowen Award Committee

(she/her)

National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution

CottrellE@xxxxxx

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://naturalhistory.si.edu/staff/elizabeth-cottrell__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!L6wzjtTas4wmU7jeyjhTKqlK6SddAGZkwLbCVYfroHYPSjc5eE1_IGtghUm8dHw$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://naturalhistory.si.edu/staff/elizabeth-cottrell__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KTTCTAlUdFNoHKLGRQfx1ft-fKs3h47LyiG_Ar8fo-f1uAHjU3jnXIXLiTvBRXgGazs$>

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1