Call for abstracts COV11: S1.1 "Volcano hazard modelling"

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Annalisa Cappello <annalisa.cappello@xxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

We invite you to submit an abstract to the session we are organizing within
the next â??Cities of Volcanoes 11â?? Conference (Heraklion, Crete, June 12-17,
2022, Hybrid Format).

*Session S1.1 | Volcano hazard modelling **(*
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pcoconvin.eventsair.com/volcanoes11/session01*S11__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!I4ekWhmxl1xY-OqT1jvFM40a_takXY_ZZG7YEe-dL5R8TJdo_m3-nlirMNsSRkk$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pcoconvin.eventsair.com/volcanoes11/session01*S11__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!MGC0gIx8FRPJUkLIwf9qY3a2ajnJPafEVS5SaVWLqcFVvCeXz7eq8EoAav7VTBo$>
)

Developing physical-mathematical models able to describe the evolution of
eruptive phenomena is a key point in volcanology. In the case of high-risk
phenomena, such as lava flows or ash dispersal, predicting their spatial
and temporal evolution and determining the potentially affected areas is
fundamental in supporting every action directed at mitigating the risk as
well as effective land use planning. This session aims to address
unresolved challenging questions related to complex geophysical flow
modeling and simulation, gathering physical-mathematical models, numerical
methods and field and satellite data analysis in order to: (i) expand
knowledge of complex volcanic processes and their space-time dynamics; (ii)
monitor and model volcanic phenomena; (iii) quantify model robustness and
simulation performances through validation against real case studies,
analytical solutions and laboratory experiments; (iv) conduct sensitivity
analysis and optimization/calibration of input parameters in all components
of volcanic hazard modelling in response to eruptive crisis.

The link for the abstract submission is
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pcoconvin.eventsair.com/volcanoes11/abstracts__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!I4ekWhmxl1xY-OqT1jvFM40a_takXY_ZZG7YEe-dL5R8TJdo_m3-nlirxdjCDtQ$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pcoconvin.eventsair.com/volcanoes11/abstracts__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!MGC0gIx8FRPJUkLIwf9qY3a2ajnJPafEVS5SaVWLqcFVvCeXz7eq8EoAOzG_xv8$>.
The deadline is next *February 13, 2022*.

We would like to hear about your work and encourage you to submit your
abstracts.

Best regards,

Annalisa, Gabor, Vito & Tania

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2