Call for abstracts for CoV11 session S1.9 ​"Management of the Volcanological Data"

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Giuseppe Puglisi <giuseppe.puglisi@xxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

*we solicit to submit your abstracts to the session S1.9 "Management of the
Volcanological Data: from the production to the curation" planned in the
work programme of the COV11 that will be held in Heraklion, Crete, June
12-17, 2022.The management of the data becomes an issue more and more
relevant to promote advancements in Volcanology. Not only because the
amount and quality of the volcanological data increased due to
technological progress and enlargement of the volcanological community. But
also because the current pandemic highlighted how important it is to fully
exploit the opportunities offered by the development of the informatics and
Internet to share knowledge. The session is aimed to solicit contributions
reporting your experiences in data management from its collection (from
field observations to instrumental networks) to the implementation of the
systems to archive, distribute and preserve the data.        About
twenty abstracts have been submitted before the shift of the COV11 planning
due to the pandemic. Now there is the opportunity to submit other
contributions. We guess that after about two years you might have gained
more experience on the topics of the session and thus the volcanological
community can propose other contributions.The session is planned in hybrid
form, both in presence and remote.  We are looking forward to receiving
your contributions*
*The abstract submission deadline is on February 13.*

See you in Heraklion,

The convenors,
Giuseppe Puglisi, Benjamin Andrews, Silvia Massaro, Sarah Brown, Susan
Loughlin, Christina Widiwijayanti

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2