Volcan-Early Career Reading Rendezvous

7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7

From: Anna Brookfield <anna.brookfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

We hope your year has started off well. Weâ??re writing to invite you to join
the Volcan-Early Career Reading Rendezvous, a monthly journal discussion
group created by, and run for, early career researchers in Volcanology. Our
goal is to provide an accessible, inclusive, and diverse platform to
discuss novel topics in volcanology, and to promote the open exchange of
ideas between ECR volcanologists across the globe. We welcome anyone who
identifies as an ECR, including undergraduates, postgraduates, recent
graduates, post-doctoral researchers and early-career faculty members.

Our next meeting is on *Thursday 10**th** February*. Considering the recent
eruption of Hunga volcano, we will be discussing Brenna et al. (2022),
â??*Post-caldera
volcanism reveals shallow priming of an intra-ocean arc andesitic caldera:
Hunga volcano, Tonga, SW Pacific*â??

*If youâ??d like to join the discussion, please **sign up here*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJnO0mb2QhUXttzCWGa5dpqasluoOgF8YTLWLtVWs0XdyWfw/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OKLwGbznNcvxkpGj-PpDKW9xslacYdTDLQWu51uCDhy_wXgyaCWOr3pJlIWPhuw$>

We have two zoom sessions for different time zones â?? please join whichever
works best for you.

Meeting 1 (Pacific region/ western USA): 3pm NZDT/ Wednesday 6pm PST (Check
your timezone here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Volcanology*Reading*Rendezvous&iso=20220210T15&p1=22__;Kys!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OKLwGbznNcvxkpGj-PpDKW9xslacYdTDLQWu51uCDhy_wXgyaCWOr3pJ5JvLKaY$>
)

Meeting 2 (UK/ Europe/eastern USA): 3pm GMT/4pm CET/ 10am CET (Check you
timezone here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Volcanology*Reading*Rendezvous&iso=20220210T15&p1=136__;Kys!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OKLwGbznNcvxkpGj-PpDKW9xslacYdTDLQWu51uCDhy_wXgyaCWOr3pJRS9HmR8$>
)

We really look forward to meeting you!

Best wishes,

The Organizers (Isabel, Alice, Nick, Anna, Thomas, Hannah, Finn, and Ery)

--

Volcanology ECR Reading Rendezvous

Sign up
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJnO0mb2QhUXttzCWGa5dpqasluoOgF8YTLWLtVWs0XdyWfw/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OKLwGbznNcvxkpGj-PpDKW9xslacYdTDLQWu51uCDhy_wXgyaCWOr3pJlIWPhuw$>

Twitter: @ECRVolcan_RR
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/ECRVolcan_RR__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OKLwGbznNcvxkpGj-PpDKW9xslacYdTDLQWu51uCDhy_wXgyaCWOr3pJ4Vjjax8$>

Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/view/ecrvolcan-rr/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LIgZ0HhIy8MRg8jh45yk18fTvLhMlHHOKUFnO2LQCb9R4Lmk3px0Y9UKnbWlTXI$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/view/ecrvolcan-rr/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OKLwGbznNcvxkpGj-PpDKW9xslacYdTDLQWu51uCDhy_wXgyaCWOr3pJL8bt_pw$>

Nominate a paper: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/F9TJtGQbSnjB8CsZ9__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LIgZ0HhIy8MRg8jh45yk18fTvLhMlHHOKUFnO2LQCb9R4Lmk3px0Y9UKQX4Ycps$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/F9TJtGQbSnjB8CsZ9__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!OKLwGbznNcvxkpGj-PpDKW9xslacYdTDLQWu51uCDhy_wXgyaCWOr3pJ1j4rFoM$>

7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pdx.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LIgZ0HhIy8MRg8jh45yk18fTvLhMlHHOKUFnO2LQCb9R4Lmk3px0Y9UKYialh0A$

GVP - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.volcano.si.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LIgZ0HhIy8MRg8jh45yk18fTvLhMlHHOKUFnO2LQCb9R4Lmk3px0Y9UKkbNHT74$