Goldschmidt 2022 - 5g: "Influence of Ancient Interpretations of Volcanic Phenomena on Modern Volcano Science"

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: "â??Patricia Janeth Rengel Calvopina[í??ì??](êµ­ì ?ë??í??ì?? êµ­ì ?ê°?ë°?í??ë ¥í??ê³¼)" <
p.rengel@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We kindly invite you to participate in our session 5g: *"Influence of
Ancient Interpretations of Volcanic Phenomena on Modern Volcano Science" *at
Goldschmidt Conference 2022 (July 10th to 15th) Honolulu, Hawaii.

Session description:

Ancient communities around the world portrayed earth processes such as
volcanic phenomena in creative and artistic expressions (e.g., literature,
paintings, music, chants, dances, among others). Pre-scientific cultures
also incorporated stories, legends, and myths into their historical
memories passed on through oral and written tradition. We aim to discuss
from a broad perspective how contemporary research is influenced by ancient
interpretations. If your research is connected to the traditions, culture,
and current/past perceptions of native communities around volcanic
phenomena, we highly encourage you to share your work in our session.
Researchers and students are welcome to share experiences doing research
and fieldwork within sacred lands too.

Abstract submission is open from now until March 1st. More information on
this event, the linked activities, your abstract submission, the
registration procedures, and so on can be found on the website:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2022/cfp.cgi__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!M0qeQtXR0EzHgbLcfIzQDxnJBZhtIU5hd7ntcL_gLrR9yF-8P6kuj_msREAMfRY$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://2022.goldschmidt.info/goldschmidt/2022/cfp.cgi__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!M58QWkhwfrjODCBs-NGwsAyoBfGrG7x_yLAUQkAS8hRBqbvehTe5YtGPymwk0fc$>
We are accepting both oral and poster presentations.

Best Regards,

Patricia Rengel (Kyung Hee University)

Andrea Tonato (University of Hawai'i at Manoa)

Evelyn Garcia (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)

Domenica Guillen (Michigan Technological University)

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1