Postdoctoral position in modeling magmatic systems - Savoie Mt Blanc University, France

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Alain Burgisser <alain.burgisser@xxxxxxxxxxx>

We seek a postdoctoral researcher on a collaborative project among Alain
Burgisser (U. Savoie Mt Blanc, France), Laurent Arbaret (U. Orleans,
France), and George Bergantz (U. of Washington, US) about the numerical
modeling of crystal mushes. One goal is to reproduce experimental data
on the deformation of crystal-rich magmas by using a model combining
fluid dynamics and discrete elements (CDF-DEM). Another is to establish
simplified models able to simulate systems at the natural scale.

The ideal postdoc would have expertise in magmatic systems and
computational fluid dynamics, and a willingness to immerse oneself into
the French culture. The position is for two years and is based in
Chambery, France. We will supply collaborative opportunities between the
three sites. We will also encourage the successful candidate to pursue
their current work, explore new directions that may arise, and to look
for jobs. Please contact A. Burgisser (alain.burgisser@xxxxxxxxxxx)
until Feb. 20th to apply for this position, and include a CV and contact
information for two references.

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4