AGU Session on Observing Wave Field Gradients in Seismology – Applications, Instrumentation and Theory

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Eva Eibl <eva.ps.eibl@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

we kindly invite you to submit an abstract to the session S016 Observing
Wave Field Gradients in Seismology â?? Applications, Instrumentation and
Theory (see the session description below).

Though this year AGU Fall meeting will be partly virtual and partly in
person, our session will be fully virtual.

Please note that the abstract submission deadline is 4 August at 23:59
EDT/03:59 +1 GMT.

We welcome invited contributions from Yara Rossi (ETH Zurich) and Jack Muir
(Caltech).

Looking forward to your contributions

Felix Bernauer, Eileen Marin, Eva P.S. Eibl and David Sollberger

Session description:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/121950__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!JBqrpK9xgSlbNxGM3XmzBOpKPczAxiiA0yxQ-qoCvsMXIrA4hR1_OSo4xsvIkmA$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/121950__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!MJAyRW0QCW-yKd0IC8Rk1K0NzVCZgIWSdpv_poAD6Rvee-PfxuBRw2Fu-1KViGQ$>

Recent advances in seismic instrumentation have made direct observation of
the complete seismic wave field possible, including the spatial gradients
of the wave field, rotation and strain. Collocated observations of
translation, strain and rotation open new applications in various
disciplines such as seismic exploration, volcanology, glaciology, ocean
bottom seismology, earthquake engineering and planetary exploration as well
as geodesy and gravitational wave detection.

We invite contributions on any recent development in the fields of
applications, instrumentation, and theory for observing seismic ground
rotation, strain and translation. These may include - but are not
restricted to -alternative technologies for seismometers (e.g., optical
technologies), fiber-optic technologies, such as fiber-optic gyroscopes or
distributed acoustic sensing, high-frequency GPS, and array based methods.
We strongly encourage contributions on data analysis techniques, instrument
performance testing and experimental field studies.

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4