AGU Session V028 - Understanding shallow volcanic unrest using physics-based modeling constrained by geophysical datasets

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Yan Zhan <yzhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract to the AGU session:

*V028 - Understanding shallow volcanic unrest using physics-based modeling
constrained by geophysical datasets*
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/120429__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LiTa7GBBxFXqQcThDyfFYzf5hLzgGURF3mF1xpCAilN_gIHn4p5AIL2WsRgMvTM$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/120429__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LmQHK4z7t0dqLNE_YKMkIpD62VdZEMNQZ5xCNIGDYnp8MFE_nyzJ2QkSIje_udQ$>

Identifying and interpreting signals of volcanic unrest in the upper crust
is an essential aspect of volcano monitoring. Multidisciplinary datasets
such as seismicity, ground deformation, gas emissions, gravity, infrasound,
electric resistivity, and so on, have been widely used and played key roles
in our understanding of eruption mechanisms. Advancement in both monitoring
and fundamental understanding of volcanic processes requires physics-based
models to link the dynamics of magmatic systems to geophysical observables.
In this session, we invite abstracts that focus on physics-based modeling
to interpret geophysical datasets. We welcome novel theoretical, numerical,
and experimental studies that elucidate the physics behind
various processes during shallow volcanic unrest, especially ones *(already
or potentially)* linked to geophysical datasets.

Please consider submitting an abstract before *August 4 *at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/120429__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LiTa7GBBxFXqQcThDyfFYzf5hLzgGURF3mF1xpCAilN_gIHn4p5AIL2WsRgMvTM$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/120429__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LmQHK4z7t0dqLNE_YKMkIpD62VdZEMNQZ5xCNIGDYnp8MFE_nyzJ2QkSIje_udQ$>.
The session will be a hybrid (online and in-person). We are looking forward
to â??seeingâ?? you there!

Best regards,

Yan Zhan (Carnegie Institution for Science, yzhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Tara Shreve (Carnegie Institution for Science)
Chao Liang (Géoazur, Université Côte dâ??Azur, IRD, CNRS, Observatoire de la
Côte dâ??Azur, France)
Josh Crozier (University of Oregon)

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4