AGU 2021 - Sessions V021 (Hybrid - Virtual & In person) & V020 (Virtual Only) : Submarine Volcanism

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Tushar Mittal <tmittal2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear friends and colleagues,

We invite abstract submissions for *two sessions* on *Submarine Volcanism* at
this yearâ??s AGU meeting - we aim to bring together the interdisciplinary
community analyzing the structures and processes of underwater volcanic
systems. Please note that we have two related sessions to allow maximal
flexibility and participation by both US and international researchers
working on related topics:

*V020 *: Submarine Volcanism (*hybrid format, with both virtual and
in-person* in New Orleans portions)
*V021 *: Submarine Volcanism: Advances in Observations, Methods, and Models
(*virtual-only session*).

Session details are below :

In this session (V020 and V021), we aim to bring together the
interdisciplinary community analyzing the structures and processes of
underwater volcanic systems. Submarine volcanism occurs in a wide variety
of geodynamic setting and dominates the Earthâ??s magmatic budget but the
presence of the oceans makes it challenging to observe eruptive and
intrusive events and sample their products. For this reason, progress in
this field is dependent on fostering community-wide efforts that integrate
traditional approaches with innovative advances in observational,
laboratory, and modeling techniques. For this session, we seek
contributions that span the full range of approaches to studying submarine
volcanism to provide new insights into geological, geochemical, and
geophysical processes and the resulting volcanic structures. Newly
developed techniques from observational, experimental, and theoretical
studies that produce high-resolution data of active volcanic systems and
enhance our understanding of submarine volcanic structures and their
dynamics are particularly welcomed.
 Subject:
Invited speakers:

Session V020 :
Hélène Le Mével (Carnegie Institution for Science)

Session V021 :
Adam Soule (Ocean Exploration Cooperative Institute, University of Rhode
Island)
Yoshihiko Tamura (JAMSTEC)

The abstract portal is open now,* with a submission deadline of August 4th*.
We look forward to your contributions in making these a set of informative
and lively sessions!

Sincerely,
Tushar Mittal, Kristen E. Fauria, Yen Joe Tan, Lise Retailleau, William
Wilcock

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3