COMET Webinar - Christopher Jackson - 14th July 16:00UK time

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Tamarah King <tamarah.king@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

COMET (The Centre for Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes,
and Tectonics) invites you to the next instalment of our webinar series,
viewable from the home office.

Coming up:

*Ground deformation above inflating igneous sills in sedimentary basins; a
perspective from 3D seismic reflection data*

*Professor Christopher Jackson *(University of Manchester)

*Wednesday the 14th of July 2021 at 16:00 UK time* (BST) / 5pm CEST / 8am
Pacific USA

Please register at:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://universityofleeds.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zE-bWkSYSM-GVt7_2aOAYw__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KhoUPUKTRgGR7FrSzYsZWhuf_ELP8Sykb5M9xByE-R0HY0Q5JBn07Zh8zZry1ow$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://universityofleeds.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zE-bWkSYSM-GVt7_2aOAYw__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!NTMjK6i6MVce6AgOeY2AwLXp8pRXxgyqad0ne7y9CX7Vg8PVnx6ofMuxLcgowKU$>

(After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information on how to join the webinar)

*Abstract:*

Volcanoes are hot, loud, and scary, thus we know little of their internal
structure or underlying 'plumbing systems', which typically comprise a
complex network of dykes and sills. Understanding the processes and
products of magma intrusion in the Earth's crust, and the extrusion of this
material on its surface, is important, given crustal magmatism can
represent a natural hazard. In this talk I will show how 3D seismic
reflection data can illuminate the structure and emplacement mechanics of
these 'hot rocks'.

Best wishes,

Tamarah King & Chris Rollins

COMET - Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes
and Tectonics

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://comet.nerc.ac.uk/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KhoUPUKTRgGR7FrSzYsZWhuf_ELP8Sykb5M9xByE-R0HY0Q5JBn07Zh8X_N58do$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://comet.nerc.ac.uk/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!NTMjK6i6MVce6AgOeY2AwLXp8pRXxgyqad0ne7y9CX7Vg8PVnx6ofMuxk1xkTq0$>

Twitter: @NERC_COMET