AGU Volcanic Geomorphology Session--EP017 - How to Build a Landscape: Deconvolving Surface and Subsurface Processes Related to Volcanic Terrain Formation and Evolution

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Daniel O'Hara" <dan.j.ohara2@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello All,

With AGU abstracts opening, we invite you to submit an abstract to an
upcoming session that is broadly focused on the interaction between
volcanic and geomorphic processes.

*EP017 - How to Build a Landscape: Deconvolving Surface and Subsurface
Processes Related to Volcanic Terrain Formation and Evolution:*

The geomorphology of volcanic provinces represents the long-term
interaction of processes related to magmatism, tectonics, and climate.
Within the subsurface, stresses associated with surficial loading, tectonic
deformation, and magma accumulation drive topographic growth while
influencing crustal magmatic networks. On the surface, volcanic activity
alters regional-scale hydrology, sediment budget, lithology, and
topographic stresses, competing with and driving erosion to influence
landscape morphology and depositional preservation over 10-1000 kyr
timescales.

Recognizing and understanding the interplay between surface and subsurface
processes bridges the fields of geomorphology and volcanology, further
progressing our understanding of hazards and shared research approaches.
This session will explore recent advances in quantifying the surficial and
crustal relationships that influence volcanic landscape construction and
degradation at any spatial and temporal scale, both on Earth and other
planetary bodies. We welcome research that addresses the evolution of
volcanic terrains that span the interface of the subsurface and atmosphere.

Thank you,

Daniel O'Hara, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Leif Karlstrom, University of Oregon
Kristin Sweeney, University of Portland
Brian Yanites, Indiana University Bloomington

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2