The Independent Volcanic Eruption Source Parameter Archive (IVESPA) is live!

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Thomas Aubry <thom.aubry@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

We are delighted to announce that the Independent Volcanic Eruption Source
Parameter Archive (IVESPA) is now available at ivespa.co.uk
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://ivespa.co.uk__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KTkQIf1LAEEK2D4IJTSEMz6xQGNImVRGEiXYP2395NwMGOAz4JV7efYOJxgZljQ$>,
with the companion manuscript available in open-access on the Journal of
Volcanology and Geothermal Research website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0377027321001244?via*3Dihub__;JQ!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KTkQIf1LAEEK2D4IJTSEMz6xQGNImVRGEiXYP2395NwMGOAz4JV7efYO7yANcxA$>
.

IVESPA is a database of independently estimated eruption source parameters,
created to facilitate the evaluation and development of volcanic plume
models, and we hope that many of you will find it useful. It contains
eruption source parameters (e.g. erupted mass, duration, plume top height,
SO2 height, total grain size distributions) and atmospheric conditions for
134 eruptive events. Uncertainties are systematically provided and a
quality control process was in place for the data collection.

IVESPA has been endorsed by IAVCEIâ??s tephra hazard modelling commission and
is supported by the British Geological Survey. The website will be
regularly updated, and we welcome any feedback on the website or the data,
as well as suggestions of new entries to the database.

We hope you will enjoy this product!

Thomas Aubry and Samantha Engwell, on behalf of the IVESPA working group
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://thm.iavceivolcano.org/example-2/esp-working-group.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KTkQIf1LAEEK2D4IJTSEMz6xQGNImVRGEiXYP2395NwMGOAz4JV7efYOYCjpYeE$>

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3