Call for Abstracts GSA 2021: T22. Rhyolites, Take a Bow! Examining the production of rhyolite magma in continental arc settings

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Erik Klemetti <klemettie@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Planning on attending the *2021 GSA Annual Meeting in Portland*? Love
rhyolites? Why not submit an abstract to our session!

*Rhyolites, Take a Bow! Examining the production of rhyolite magma in
continental arc settings (Session T22)*

Rhyolite magma would seem to be a composition that should be common across
continental arc settings. However, they are not as ubiquitous as it might
appear. Their genesis in continental arcs varies greatly from location to
location, but there are potentially similarities to their formation. What
connections can we make between continental arcs in rhyolite (and
rhyodacite) genesis? What can we say about the timescales of their
formation? What can we understand about the likeliest places for abundant
rhyolite magmatism in continental arcs.

We invite submissions that examine the questions of rhyolite magmatism and
volcanism in continental arcs to better understand this explosive topic.

*Our invited speakers are:*
Nathan Anderson, US Geological Survey
Ayla Pamukcu, Stanford University
Laura Waters, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology

Endorsed by: Geochemical Society; GSA Geochronology Division; GSA
Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Petrology, and Volcanology Division

Abstract submission is now open:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2021/program/technical/abstracts__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!KdCmodxbdw6_Qg1FW4noD-VAeULNfhLStNFj0gXsFKYWm0InmqDMYSlnOBGvqTo$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2021/program/technical/abstracts__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!LBbTEEh7ad112uHyWGphn6Cr4vRPt59QIyQ2r58eOpdKPU8PHPh1tMfC0goK2pU$>
The deadline for submissions is *July 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm PDT*

Thank you and we look forward to all your submissions!
*Session Chairs:*
Adam Kent, Oregon State University
Erik Klemetti, Denison University
Hannah Shamloo, Oregon State University