the IAVCEI Commission for Monogenetic Volcanoes - Revival

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

From: Marie Noelle Guilbaud <marie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues.

We hope that you are all very well.

This message has the purpose of reviving the IAVCEI Commission for
Monogenetic Volcanoes (CMV) whose main goal is â??to provide a forum for
researchers to define and understand the phenomenon of small volume
magmatic systems and their surface expression as volcanic fieldsâ??.

Created in 2011, the CMV was handed in 2016 from Karoly Nemeth and Ian
Smith over a team led by Benjamin van Wyk de Vries, and is now under the
leadership of Alison Graettinger (University of Missouri) and Marie-Noëlle
Guilbaud (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México).

Activities have been halted by the pandemic, and our main aim right now is
to re-start the conversation.

For this reason, we strongly encourage new members to join in, by
subscribing on the vhub site (link below), and share their recent research
papers and nice field pictures on our facebook page, so that we can travel
remotely :-)

In addition, we prompt people who want to get actively involved to contact
us privately, sending an email to both of us (graettingera@xxxxxxxx;
marie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). Ideas for this year's activities include: a
brand new website, a webinar, a special issue in a book or journal,
co-sponsoring of next conferences, and planning of the next Maar conference.

We especially encourage early-career researchers and students to join in.

Best wishes,

Alison and Marie-Noëlle

co-leaders of the IAVCEI Commission for Monogenetic Volcanoes

https://vhub.org/groups/iavcei_cmv

https://www.facebook.com/Iavcei-Commission-on-Monogenetic-Volcanism-1518398684860398

6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6