COMET Webinar, 17 March, 4 PM GMT/UK time: Dr Iris van Zelst, University of Leeds

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Chris Rollins <J.C.Rollins@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

COMET (The Centre for Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes,
and Tectonics) invites you to the next instalment of our webinar series,
viewable from the home office.

*â??101 Geodynamic Modelling Applied to Subductionâ??*

*Dr. Iris van Zelst (University of Leeds)*

*Wednesday the 17th of March 2021 at 16.00 UK time (GMT)*

Abstract: Geodynamic modelling provides a powerful tool to investigate
processes in the Earth's crust, mantle, and core that are not directly
observable. In this webinar, I will introduce the main concepts of
geodynamic modelling and highlight some of the best practices. To
illustrate the workflow of a numerical modelling study, I present results
from my current study on the effect of temperature-dependent thermal
parameters on the thermal structure of subduction zones in numerical models.

*Please register at: *
https://universityofleeds.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OUD5OOs6TaKbaWHLbWMJYA

(After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information on how to join the webinar)

Best wishes,

Chris Rollins & Tamarah King

COMET - Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes
and Tectonics

https://comet.nerc.ac.uk/

@NERC_COMET <https://twitter.com/nerc_comet?lang=en>

COMET webinars on youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtFDytX1hgjvlS4NH48M2oQ/videos>

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

End of Volcano Digest - 3 Mar 2021 to 8 Mar 2021 (#2021-24)