Fully funded igneous petrology PhD at Trinity College Dublin

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Michael Stock <Michael.Stock@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We are currently advertising a 4-year fully-funded PhD studentship in
igneous petrology/geochemistry/volcanology at Trinity College Dublin and
would appreciate it if you would forward the details to any students that
might be interested.

The project will use a combination of textural measurements, geochemical
analyses (whole-rock and microanalysis), and thermodynamic models to look
at how mush dynamics affect eruptive behavior at Campi Flegrei, Italy. The
successful applicant will join a vibrant postgraduate community and will be
integrated into the active Geochemistry Research Group
<https://www.tcd.ie/Geology/research/geochem.php> and Earth Surface
Research Laboratory <https://www.tcd.ie/Geology/esrl/> in the Department of
Geology, Trinity College Dublin.

The details are as follows:

*Title: *Determining the impact of mush dynamics on the style of volcanic
eruptions at the active Campi Flegrei caldera, Italy

*Supervisors: *Dr Mike Stock
<https://www.tcd.ie/Geology/people/mstock/> (Trinity
College Dublin, Ireland), Dr Victoria Smith
<https://www.arch.ox.ac.uk/people/smith-victoria#/> (University of Oxford,
UK), Dr Roberto Isaia
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ARr_y28AAAAJ&hl=en> (INGV, Italy)

*Funding: *TCD Provostâ??s PhD Award 2021
<https://www.tcd.ie/graduatestudies/phdawards/>, 4 years funding, open to
EU, UK, and non-EU candidates

*Application deadline:* Friday 5 March 2021

*Project start date: *September 2021

Further information, including a full project description and details of
the application procedure can be found at tinyurl.com/1oj3x324
<http://www.tinyurl.com/1oj3x324>.

Potential applicants are very welcome to contact me with any questions at
Michael.Stock@xxxxxx.

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2