GMPV ECS online talks! Wednesday 20 January 11am CET

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Emily Mason <em572@xxxxxxxxx>

GMPV ECS online talks! Wednesday 20 January 11 am CET

The 7th edition of the Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology, and Volcanology
divisionâ??s early-career scientists talks will be on Wednesday 20 January 11
am CET.

This is our first special edition of 2021, with a focus on volcanic plumes,
and their ash and gas emissions! Weâ??ll have three speakers to allow for
more discussion time.

Our speakers are:

Thomas Aubry (Postdoc @ University of Cambridge) â?? Climate model
simulations suggest that climate change will strongly modulate the
stratospheric volcanic sulfate aerosol life cycle and radiative forcing

Ines Tomasek (Postdoc @ Vrije Universiteit Brussel) â?? Deleterious organic
species on volcanic ash: a pilot screening study using the CALUX bioassay

Ben Esse (PhD candidate @ The University of Manchester) â?? Measuring
Volcanic Gas Emissions from Soufriere Hills, Montserrat, with a Raspberry Pi

Talk attendance is by registration only and you can register here:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0pdeCoqjssEtA_TlAAsrNAg9oTFz-aiPu9 <
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0pdeCoqjssEtA_TlAAsrNAg9oTFz-aiPu9>

You can also register for our upcoming talks in February and March in one
of our previous blog posts:
https://blogs.egu.eu/divisions/gmpv/2020/12/16/save-the-dates-gmpv-talks-for-january-february-and-march-2021/
 <
https://blogs.egu.eu/divisions/gmpv/2020/12/16/save-the-dates-gmpv-talks-for-january-february-and-march-2021/

Looking forward to seeing lots of you there!

Weâ??re looking for new speakers! No matter what career stage you are at, we
want to hear about your science. You can sign up to give a live GMPV ECS
talk in one of our future events using this google form:
https://forms.gle/W4wr7D1ZceKogTHM7 <https://forms.gle/W4wr7D1ZceKogTHM7>

You can also give us FEEDBACK on any of our talks here:
https://forms.gle/3sc7ZXZBx1gNztVFA <https://forms.gle/3sc7ZXZBx1gNztVFA>

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3