M.Sc/PhD position--Georgia Institute of Technology

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: "SIM, SHI" <jssim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear members of the volcano community,

My geodynamics group (SimLab) at Georgia Institute of Technology is seeking
a highly motivated student to pursue a *M.Sc. or* *PhD degree **in Earth
Science on Solid Earth Geodynamics*. Project will be broadly on but not
limited to applying two phase flow methods to understand fluid flow at
tectonic boundaries. The student will have an opportunity to learn
innovative numerical modeling to better understand Earth's evolution at
tectonic boundaries. Students with a background in geophysics, mechanical
engineering and closely related fields are encouraged to apply. The student
will work in a collaborative environment and get exposure to a variety of
disciplines within Earth and planetary sciences in the department. Full
financial support including teaching and research assistantships will be
provided for the student. Applicants are encouraged to contact me (
jssim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to discuss potential research projects and on life at
Georgia Tech. Applicants can find out more about our group here:
https://joycesim.github.io/

Candidates should submit their completed application form to the graduate
program at Georgia Tech prior to *January 1st, 2021* for Fall 2021
admission. This includes a personal statement, three letters of references,
official transcripts, and the TOEFL score (for international students whose
native language is not English and who have not spent an academic year in a
U.S. institution). The Graduate Admission Committee no longer considers GRE
test scores for admission decisions. For further information about the
admission process, please visit:
https://eas.gatech.edu/graduate/prospective-graduate-students

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Take care, everyone, happy virtual AGU and holidays,
Joyce Sim
<https://eas.gatech.edu/graduate/prospective-graduate-students>
Prospective Graduate Students | School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences |
Georgia Institute of Technology | Atlanta, GA
<https://eas.gatech.edu/graduate/prospective-graduate-students>
Considering to apply for the graduate program in Earth and Atmospheric
Sciences at Georgia Tech? We strongly encourage all applicants to contact
potential academic advisors well before the application deadline (January
1st).
eas.gatech.edu

The Earth and Atmospheric Science department at Georgia Tech was selected
as one of the inaugural AGU Bridge partner institutions (
https://fromtheprow.agu.org/agu-announces-2020-bridge-program-partners/).
The application is open to underrepresented minorities (African American,
Hispanic, American Indian, Pacific Islander, Alaskan Native and Native
Hawaiian) and opens mid December 2020 for Fall 2021 admission. Application
is free and is shared with all partner institutions. For more information
on the AGU bridge program, please go to https://www.agu.org/bridge-program#3
AGU Bridge Program | AGU <https://www.agu.org/bridge-program#3>
The AGU Bridge Program is part of a larger effort to develop, adopt, and
share inclusive practices for recruiting, admitting, and retaining women
and underrepresented minorities in physics Ph.D. programs.
www.agu.org

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - http://pdx.edu/

GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/

IAVCEI - https://www.iavceivolcano.org/

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 25 Nov 2020 to 30 Nov 2020 (#2020-116)