Free Online Volcano Course--University of Canterbury (NZ)

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Ben Kennedy <ben.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Kia ora volcano community

We would like to draw you attention to our free volcano online course, run
through the University of Canterbury

https://www.edx.org/course/exploring-volcanoes-and-their-hazards-iceland-and-new-zealand

and goes live on Dec 1st/ Nov 30th depending where you are on the globe,
and will remain open for six months so you can join in whenever. Then we
will tweak content and run again in six months

We have set this course up as a virtual fieldtrip, so may be suitable for
those struggling with online content during Covid times. Please enrol and
explore the content and use as much as possible with your classes. The
course was rigorously designed considering state of the art pedagogical
approaches, and features lots of fun interactive content, it assumes little
prior knowledge so starts pretty basic but does advance into some quite
high level volcanological hazard concepts, so suitable for most university
levels or as teacher training for high school teachers wanting to teach
some volcanic concepts.

   This is the first time we have run the course and has been put together
in somewhat of a rush, so we are really hoping for some feedback from the
community, it is all set up as automatic grading and peer grading.

Please contact Ben Kennedy ben.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and Jonathan
Davidson  jonathan.davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with questions and queries

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2