USGS Mendenhall on Alaska tephras

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Loewen, Matthew W" <mloewen@xxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to have a Mendenhall Postdoc opportunity advertised to study
large explosive eruptions in the Alaska-Aleutian arc via ocean core records
and source volcanoes. The goal of the project is to characterize the
geochemical character of sources of large explosive volcanism on the
Alaska-Aleutian arc and use that record to better interpret tephra from
Gulf of Alaska cores. Ultimately, we hope for this project to better
characterize a record of large explosive volcanism in Alaska beyond the
limited Holocene record available terrestrially near source volcanoes.

Applicants can craft proposals to fit their interests, utilizing novel
analytical techniques to characterize rocks, statistical procedures to
correlate deposits, and investigate other available ocean or terrestrial
core records.

https://www.usgs.gov/centers/mendenhall/19-14-frequency-and-sources-largest-explosive-eruptions-alaska-ocean-core

Please see the job advertisement for required qualifications:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/580469700

If you are interested, please feel free to contact any of the research
advisors on this project to learn more.

Matt Loewen, mloewen@xxxxxxxx

Kristi Wallace, kwallace@xxxxxxxx

Michelle Coombs, mcoombs@xxxxxxxx