AGU 2020: V003 Session on "Chemistry, Mechanics, Geophysics, and Timescales of Magmatic Processes" (Submission deadline on July 29, 2020)

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Mattia Pistone <Mattia.Pistone@xxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We hope all of you are doing well during this exceptional time.

Despite the fearful odds, the AGU show will go on. It is time to support
this AGU during this transformative time to affirm the importance of
science and diversity inclusion.

Please, consider to contribute to the proposed sessions of AGU 2020. We are
glad to invite you to submit your work to our V003 Session on* Chemistry,
Mechanics, Geophysics, and Timescales of Magmatic Processes*:

*Revealing the volumes, mechanics, chemistry, and temporal evolution of
magma bodies in the Earthâ??s lithosphere, and how they contribute to its
architecture and dynamics requires integration of multiple types of
observations, and cross-disciplinary collaboration among geologists,
geochemists, petrologists, geochronologists, volcanologists, and
geophysicists. We aim to bring together researchers from across these
disciplines to probe questions such as how do we:*

   - *detect magma bodies and determine their volume and geometry*
   - *quantify time-integrated chemical, mechanical, and thermal processes*
   - *determine the frequency of magma injections, dykes, and melt
   extraction events*
   - *interrogate minerals, glasses/melts, and volatile emissions, to
   constrain the timescales and location of magmatic processes*
   - *decipher signs of volcanic unrest with respect to magmatic processes.*

*We encourage researchers that study magmatic processes using field
studies, geophysical observations, laboratory analysis, modelling, and/or
experimental simulations on any scale to submit contributions to this
session.*

*The keynote speakers of the session will be **Jenny Suckale
(Stanford University**) and Kristen Fauria (Vanderbilt University)*. *The
deadline for a**bstract submission is July 29, 2020*.

We look forward to receiving your contribution and seeing you at the new
AGU Fall Meeting in December 2020!

Meredith Townsend (University of Oregon)
Bradley Singer (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
Benoît Taisne (Earth Observatory of Singapore)
Mattia Pistone (University of Georgia)

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5