AGU Fall Meeting session: Earth System Interactions and Implications for GeoHealth (GH008)

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: "Gill, Thomas E." <tegill@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to our upcoming AGU Fall Meeting
session. This is the third year in a row for our GeoHealth session, and we
were able to draw a large number of participants worldwide previously.

Please feel free to share it with any of your colleagues that might also be
interested. We look forward to seeing you although it appears to likely
be virtually.

Please note that if you are planning to give another presentation as first
author at this year's AGU Fall Meeting, you can also present as first
author in a GeoHealth session without penalty!

*Session ID:* 105616
*Session Title:* Earth System Interactions and Implications for GeoHealth
 (GH008)
*Section:* GeoHealth
*View Session Details:*
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/105616

*Session Description:*

Knowledge of the multiple interactions among ocean, land, and atmosphere is
essential to understand many critical geohealth issues, including the
outbreaks of infectious diseases, health and safety impacts of air- and
waterborne pollutants and pathogens. This session encourages observational
and modeling studies of key processes of the Earth system (ocean, land,
atmosphere) and how these processes interact to affect human and ecosystem
health. Topics of interest include *1) linkages and feedbacks between land
surface to atmospheric composition and human health; 2) Field measurements
and satellite remote sensing of land surface processes, aerosols, and other
key Earth system components directly related to human health; 3) land
degradation, soil erosion and airborne and waterborne pathogens and
implications on human health; 4) regional and global public health effects
of changing climate, and land surface; and 5) health effects of human
exposure to naturally-occurring earth material.*

*Index Terms:*
0232 Impacts of climate change: ecosystem health [GeoHealth]
0240 Public health [GeoHealth]
0468 Natural hazards [Biogeosciences]
3322 Land/atmosphere interactions [Atmospheric Processes]

*Conveners:*

*Jimmy Li*, University of Tulsa, OK, United States
*Thomas E Gill, *University of Texas at El Paso, TX United States
*Daniel Tong*, George Mason University, VA United States
*William A Sprigg*, Chapman University, CA United States

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1