[MCS RCN] Volcanic Systems Modeling Workshop - applications open

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: "Lotto, Gabriel C" <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of conveners Helge Gonnermann (Rice Univ.) and Kyle Anderson
(USGS), we invite you to apply for the MCS RCNâ??s *Volcanic Systems Modeling
Workshop*, to take place at Portland State University from *July 16-19,
2020*. Full details can be found on our website:
https://www.sz4dmcs.org/volcano-workshop.

The workshop will focus on the subsurface aspects of volcanic systems:
trans-crustal magma transport, magma storage, and magma ascent towards
eruption. We invite participation by scientists from the full spectrum of
volcanic systems science with interest in a future Modeling Collaboratory
for Subduction Zone Science (MCS) <https://www.sz4dmcs.org/>.

A Modeling Collaboratory could improve our ability to model volcanic
systems and integrate observations with models. To this end the workshop
will bring together a diverse group of scientists, with the goal of
identifying needs and opportunities related to the modeling of volcanic
processes at various spatial and temporal scales, and within a future
integrative community modeling framework for subduction zones.

We have assembled an excellent array of speakers across four sessions,
including an introductory session aimed toward early career scientists but
open to all:

*| Overview of the Arc-Scale Volcanic System (Introductory Session)*

Tom Sisson (USGS), Matt Pritchard (Cornell Univ.) and Mike Poland (USGS)

*| Deep Magma Supply, Storage, and Transport*

Emilie Hooft (Univ. of Oregon), Matthew Jackson (Imperial College London),
George Bergantz (Univ. of Washington), Madison Myers (Montana State Univ.)

*| Magma Storage*

Christian Huber (Brown Univ.), Mark Ghiorso (OFM Research), Hélène Le Mével
(DTM), Philipp Ruprecht (UNR)

*| Shallow Magma Transport and Eruption*

Mattia de' Michieli Vitturi (INGV Pisa), Diana Roman (DTM), Eleonora
Rivalta (GFZ), Mary Grace Bato (JPL)

*| Keynote*

Paul Segall (Stanford Univ.)

We encourage you to apply here: https://forms.gle/WSrhQsqHRWwK2dTx8. The
application will be open through April 17. Some travel support will be
available to those who need it.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1