PhD and post-doc position in volcano geomorphology

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Matthieu KERVYN DE MEERENDRE <Matthieu.Kervyn.De.Meerendre@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

in the framework of a 4 year research project investigating the long term
evolution of volcanic landscapes through erosion, we are recruiting for two
positions:

   - A junior researcher to conduct morphometric analyses of volcanoes and
   analogue lab experiments simulating erosion processes. We offer a fully
   funded 4 year PhD grant.
   - A post-doc researcher to adapt a state-of-the-art numerical landscape
   evolution model to reproduce patterns and rates of volcano degradation.
   We offer a position for an initial period of 2 year.

This project is taking place in my research group of the Vrije Universiteit
Brussel, in partnership with Prof. Liran Goren (Ben-Gurion University of
the Negev, Israel) and Dr Gabor Kereszturi (Massey University, New
Zealand). The researchers will be working in Brussels with possibilities
for research visits in the partnersâ?? labs. The project grant includes
funding for participating to conferences and developing a new laboratory
setup.

More information on these positions are available here:

PhD Researcher in Earth Science Volcano â?? Geomorphology - Analogue model
<https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/498399> (EURAXESS Job Offer id: 498399)

Post-doc Researcher in Earth Science -- Volcanic Landscape modelling
<https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/498400> (EURAXESS Job Offer id: 498400)

Inquiries about this position and applications should be submitted per
email to Matthieu Kervyn (makervyn@xxxxxx). The application deadline is 31
March 2020.

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2