Call for abstracts for CoV11 S3.15 "Creating "volcano-ready" communities: communicating for resilience and response

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Angela Doherty <angela.doherty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Calling all communicators!

Beth, Mylene, Wendy and I would like to invite you to come join us in CoV11
Session 3.15 to talk all things volcano communication!

How do we build risk literacy, awareness, ownership and trust with our
communities without risking sensationalism or fatigue? What work can we do
with communities and communication partners in quiescence that can help us
when things start to heat up? How do we unravel scientific jargon? How do
we talk about difficult concepts in simple terms and ensure our communities
are forewarned, forearmed and ready to make important decisions regarding
their own health, safety, property, and livelihoods?

Have some great examples of effective engagement? Want to share your
results of resilience initiatives? Or looking for feedback or to stimulate
discussion on something that has been vexing you? Join the conversation!

We invite talks, posters or discussions from all sectors of our community.
Check out the link below for the full session description:

https://pcoconvin.eventsair.com/volcanoes11/session03#S15

And submit your abstract to:

https://pcoconvin.eventsair.com/volcanoes11/abstracts

Drop us a line if you have any questions and see you in Heraklion!

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/