Chair position at University of Nevada, Reno

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Philipp P Ruprecht <pruprecht@xxxxxxx>

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering at the University of
Nevada, Reno, is searching for a Department Chair. Please consider applying
the short ad is attached. Please contact our current chair, Wendy Calvin,
or me for more information. Obviously it is a great location to study
volcanoes!

DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGICAL SCIENCES AND ENGINEERING
University of Nevada, Reno
Full Professor and Department Chair

The Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering (DGSE) at the
University of Nevada Reno (UNR) invites applications for a tenured, full
professor to serve as Department Chair. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in
Geological Sciences or a related field, and a proven track record in
research and service as well as evidence of successful personnel and
financial management. Leadership qualities, enthusiasm, effective
interpersonal communication and organizational skills are required. The
Chairs role includes representing the Department to university
administration, other university units, industry, and to public and private
agencies at the local, regional, national, and international levels. The
Chair will be expected to oversee recruitment of world-class faculty, and
facilitate their professional development.  The Chair will be expected to
teach a reduced course load, supervise graduate students and maintain a
robust research program.

Review of applications will begin Monday, September 16, 2019. We are
expecting to fill the position with a start date of July 1, 2020.

The University of Nevada, Reno is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer.  We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all
qualified individuals to apply.

For additional details on the Department and UNR please see the full
application

https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UNR-external/job/University-of-Nevada-Reno---Main-Campus/Professor-Chair-Geological-Sciences_R0116800

Best,
Philipp Ruprecht