Fwd: Community Eruption Response Workshop: Rock Sampling & Analysis Strategies

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Paul Wallace <pwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Community Eruption Response Workshop: Rock Sampling & Analysis Strategies

Join us for a pre-GSA workshop for the volcano petrology, geochemistry,
experimental and rock sample curation communities to strategize and design
how we sample, analyze, and communicate about volcanic rocks in the run-up,
during and after a U.S. volcanic eruption. This workshop will consist of a
scenario-driven planning exercise and is part of the CONVERSE Research
Coordination Network project. To learn more about our goals visit:
https://volcanoresponse.org
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://volcanoresponse.org&sa=D&ust=1561337274805000&usg=AFQjCNHRFGcHy75FWAcQwq8jdHDRZgQZ2g>
.

The workshop will take place on Friday, Sept. 20 and Saturday, Sept. 21 at
the Sheraton Grand Phoenix in Phoenix, AZ.  We can provide $100/night for 2
nights per person to assist with hotel costs, and some limited additional
travel support is available. Funding is available for U.S. citizens only.

To apply for the workshop, please visit:
https://forms.gle/jhbDvUWPNtkyqp8R8

The deadline to apply is July 15.

Organizing committee:

Kari Cooper, Christy Till, Elizabeth Cottrell, Leslie Hale, Adam Kent, Ben
Andrews, Paul Wallace

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/