GSA Phoenix session to celebrate Sue Kay - 2019 MGPV career award recipient

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Brian Jicha <brian.jicha@xxxxxxxx>

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Dear friends and colleagues â??

Brenhin Keller, Matt Gorring, and I are chairing a session at the 2019 GSA
Annual Meeting in Phoenix to celebrate Suzanne Mahlburg Kay and her
reception of the Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Petrology, and Volcanology
Division Distinguished Geological Career Award - *T37. Investigating the
Origin of Arc Magmatism and the Evolution of Continental Crust from the
Aleutians to the Southern Andes: In Honor of Suzanne Mahlburg Kay,
Recipient of the Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Petrology, and Volcanology
Division Distinguished Geological Career Award.*

We hope that you will consider submitting an abstract to our session. Given
the tremendous breadth of Sueâ??s research, presentations on petrology,
geochemistry, mineralogy, arc magmatism, Andean tectonics, crustal
formation, and ore deposits, or any work that has been impacted by Sue are
welcome.

The GSA abstract deadline is early this year: June 25th at11:59 p.m.,
Pacific Time. The abstract submission form can be found at
http://community.geosociety.org/gsa2019/science-careers/sessions/topical.

All the best,

Brian Jicha

Brenhin Keller