JpGU2019 session S-VC34: Connecting magma dynamics in vent-conduit system with surface expression of volcanic eruption.

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Takahiro MIWA <miwao@xxxxxxxxxxx>

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your abstract for our session in
JpGU2019.

S-VC34: Connecting magma dynamics in vent-conduit system with surface
expression of volcanic eruption.
http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2019/
http://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2019/SessionList_en/detail/S-VC34.html

Scope: Magma dynamics within a shallow conduit system control the diversity
of behavior of volcanic eruptions. Recent advancements in geophysical,
airborne and ground-based observation techniques provide quantitative data
about the dynamic behavior of volcanic eruptions. New analytical methods of
the macro and microtextures of eruptive products also open new insights on
detailed dynamics of magmas within conduit. The aim of this session is the
integration of these new techniques to approach the dynamics of magma
ascending from a shallow part of conduit to vent. This session seeks
submissions that explore magma dynamics controlling the behaviors of
volcanic eruption by integrated investigation of 1) degassing, outgassing,
crystallization, and fragmentation of ascending magma, 2) emission and
recycling of eruptive product, and 3) morphological characterization of the
vent-conduit system. We encourage contributions based on
textural-petrological analyses of eruptive product, experimental study
reproducing magma in the conduit, geophysical observation on surface
expression of volcanic eruption, and related numerical modeling.

Deadline of the abstract submission is Feb 19 (Early submission deadline:
Feb 4 at 11:59pm JST).

We are looking forward to your contributions to our session!

Conveners:
Takahiro Miwa (NIED)
Nobuo Geshi (AIST)
Jacopo Taddeucci (INGV)