Special issue on "Volcano geology and field observations aimed at validation of numerical models"

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Gianluca Groppelli <gianluca.groppelli@xxxxxxxx>

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

Dear Colleagues,

After the session "*Volcano geology and field observations aimed at
validation of numerical models*" at COV10 (Convenors: Paola Del Carlo, C.
Bonadonna, A. Clarke and G. Groppelli,), we have been contacted by The
Geological Society of London (GSL) that invited us to consider coordinating
a Special Volume Publication based on our session.

We have decided to attempt a publication since the topic has not been
addressed in a special issue. We are contacting all the researchers
interested in submitting a paper reflecting the topic of the session for
this special issue as well as the participants to the session.

Ideally a GLS Special Publications should comprise 15-25 papers reflecting
the length of sessions at Cities on Volcanoes but we can also approach
researchers outside of the conference to reach the required number. Review
papers are also appreciated.

THE GSL fee structure has two options:
- to publish individual articles for no fee under the traditional
subscription model
- to choose to publish an article on an Open Access basis which will cost
£1600 per paper (£1800 from 2019 onwards)

So, if you are interested in this, please provide us a preliminary title of
your paper and a preliminary author list.

If we receive enough interest (hopefully in 1 week), we will then arrange
the list of papers and submit the proposal to GSL.
We would also appreciate if you could forward this to your team members and
colleagues who may also be interested in the topic.

We look forward to hearing from you, and we remain at your disposal for
more information.

Best Regards,

The Convenors

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/
IAVCEI - http://www.iavcei.org/

signoff volcano
to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 14 Jan 2019 to 16 Jan 2019 (#2019-6)