EGU2019- Rates and timescales of magma transport and storage

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: "Myers, Madison" <madison.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

*EGU announcement*

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

With the early abstract deadline approaching for students applying for
travel support (December 1st), we would like to invite you to submit your
abstracts to EGU session GMPV5.9:

â??Rates and timescales of magma transport and storage from mantle source to
emplacement or eruptionâ??

that will be held at the 2019 EGU General Assembly in Vienna (Austria) from
7 to 12 April 2019. This session is co-sponsored by AGU, meaning that the
conversations raised here will continue at AGU 2019.

Magmatic and volcanic systems involve a range of dynamic processes that
govern magma generation, ascent, emplacement, and eruption. The study of
the rates and timescales of magmatic systems is a central topic to
understanding the behaviors and the evolution of intrusive and volcanic
systems. We welcome analytical, numerical, experimental, geophysical, and
field-based studies addressing rates and timescales of volcanic and
plutonic processes. Particularly, we welcome interdisciplinary studies
probing the mechanisms and timescales of volcanic phenomena such as
pre-eruptive and eruptive dynamics, magma and lava rheology, phase
equilibria, and volcanic flows.

*Our invited speaker for this session is Maren Kahl. *

More information and abstract submission can be found at:
https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/32733

Thank you for contributing to this exciting topic!

Kind regards,

Madison Myers, Fabio Arzilli, Maurizio Petrelli, Teresa Ubide

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/
PSU - http://pdx.edu/
GVP - http://www.volcano.si.edu/
IAVCEI - http://www.iavcei.org/