VOLCANO: Announcement: AGU session on “Earth System Interactions and Implications for Geohealth“

From: "Gill, Thomas E." <tegill@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Announcement: AGU session on “Earth System Interactions and Implications for Geohealth“

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder of our session on “Earth System Interactions and Implications for Geohealth“ (GH008) at the 2018 AGU Fall Meeting (10-14 December, 2018).  Please consider submitting an abstract and informing colleagues who may have an interest in this session.  Abstracts related to the effects and implications of volcanism on human health will be welcomed!

More information is also available at https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/53125

Description:  Knowledge of the multiple interactions among ocean, land and atmosphere is essential to understand many critical geohealth issues, including the outbreaks of infectious diseases and health impacts of air- and water-borne pollutants and pathogens . Encouraged in this session are observational and modeling studies of key processes of the Earth system (ocean, land, atmosphere) and how these processes interact to affect human and ecosystem health. Topics of interest include 1) linkages and feedbacks between land surface to atmospheric composition and human health; 2) field measurements and satellite remote sensing of land surface processes, aerosols, and other key Earth system components directly related to human health; 3) land degradation, soil erosion and airborne and waterborne pathogens and implications on human health; 4) regional and global public health effects of changing climate and land surface; and 5) health effects of human exposure to naturally-occurring earth materials.

Abstracts are due on August 1, 2018.

Special incentive for this GeoHealth session (New AGU policies in 2018):

* Please note that submissions to our session are exempt from the “first-author rule” such that even when submitting to this session, first-authored submissions are allowed to another session.

**Also note that, for our session, AGU is allowing non-AGU members to submit an abstract and then register for the Fall Meeting at member rates for this year.  Please contact us if you are not an AGU member but would like to contribute to our session.

Look forward to seeing you in DC!

- Tom Gill

   University of Texas- El Paso

   tegill@xxxxxxxx

On behalf of session co-organizers Daniel Tong, Scott Van Pelt, and James Crooks