VOLCANO: Mayon volcano eruption, photos from 22-27 Feb 2018

From: "Tom Pfeiffer / VolcanoDiscovery" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Mayon volcano eruption, photos from 22-27 Feb 2018

Dear all,

Mayon volcano has been in eruption for more than a month, producing multiple lava flows, explosions with ash plumes and pyroclastic flows. Along with a small group of friends, we visited the volcano during 22-27 Feb: we observed the ongoing lava effusion, but also a series of the intermittent, mild explosive activity (lava fountaining).

An annotated collection of pictures from the recent activity can be found at the following pages:

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/photos/mayon/eruption2018/feb/lavaflows.html (22-25 Feb, lava flows)
and
https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/photos/mayon/eruption2018/feb/explosions.html (25-27 Feb, explosions)

Greetings,
Tom Pfeiffer

--------
Dr. Tom Pfeiffer, volcanologist & volcano photographer
VolcanoDiscovery / VolcanoAdventures
Active volcanoes: info & photography / tours