VOLCANO: 28th Goldschmidt conference: abstract submisson

From: Piergiorgio Scarlato <piergiorgio.scarlato@xxxxxxx>
Subject: 28th Goldschmidt conference: abstract submisson

Dear colleagues,

I'm invite you to consider submitting an abstract to the 28th Goldschmidt conference, which will be held in Boston on the August 12-17, 2018. The abstract deadline is 30 March 2018.

I hope that you will find of interest the following Session:

04g: Magma Dynamics in Volcanic Environments: Crystallization, Mixing, and Contamination Processes

Magma dynamics have important effects on both texture and composition of the products erupted from active volcanoes worldwide. The ascent of magmas towards the surface occurs under variable pressure, temperature, and volatile conditions. These parameters change over a wide spectrum of spatial and temporal scales, controlling several magmatic processes such as crystallization, mixing with new magma batches, and interaction with crustal materials. In this session, we welcome mineralogical, petrological, and geochemical contributions that provide insights on how magma dynamics studied either in laboratory or in nature can ultimately affect the volcanic rocks in terms of cooling and degassing mechanisms, crystal-melt-liquid element partitioning, major, trace element and isotopic compositional changes of minerals/glasses/bulk rocks, magma mixing and contamination phenomena.

Conveners: Silvio Mollo, Matteo Masotta, Keith Putirka, Olivier Bachmann, Piergiorgio Scarlato

All the Best,
Piergiorgio