VOLCANO: AOGS 2018: Session SE24: Volcanic Processes from the Mantle to the Atmosphere – Processes, Monitoring, Hazards, and Impacts

From: "Schwandner, Florian M (329G-Affiliate)" <Florian.Schwandner@xxxxxxxx.gov>
Subject: AOGS 2018 in Honolulu, June 3-8, 2018 :: Session SE24: Volcanic Processes from the Mantle to the Atmosphere – Processes, Monitoring, Hazards, and Impacts

Dear colleagues,

Please consider submitting to our session SE24 ‘Volcanic Processes from the Mantle to the Atmosphere – Processes, Monitoring, Hazards, and Impacts’

at AOGS 2018 in Honolulu, Hawaii in June 3-8, 2018.

http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2018/

The abstract submission deadline is 19 January 2018 Singapore time (~ Jan 18th in the Americas).

SE24 ‘Volcanic Processes from the Mantle to the Atmosphere – Processes, Monitoring, Hazards, and Impacts’

Volcanic processes are being studied and monitored by a variety of national and international academic and government institutions. In this session, we want to bring together research on fundamental processes, observations, models, and applications from the pre-, syn-, and post-eruption research, monitoring, and forecast communities.

We invite contributions which focus on (but not exclusively) volcanological and atmospheric science field/instrumental/lab observations and/or on physical models explaining volcanic activity. This includes but is not limited to studies presenting monitoring, geology, petrology, seismology, deformation, atmospheric, geomorphological, infrasound, and remote sensing data, and studies discussing modeling results. We especially welcome presentations which connect processes and process-based physical/chemical models to observational data and those that use multiple approaches to understand volcanic processes and their impacts.

Confirmed invited presenters:

Dr. Nemesio Peres (ITER, Spain): “Silent degassing from volcanoes: implications for monitoring and global flux budgets”

Dr. Tarsilo Girona (NASA-JPL): “Volcanoes and lunar cycles: towards using tidal stresses to forecast eruptions

———

Hope to see you there!

The Conveners:

Dr. Florian M Schwandner (NASA-JPL and UCLA)

Dr. Carlo Arcilla (University of the Philippines)

Dr. Lauriane Chardot (Earth Observatory of Singapore)