VOLCANO: IAVCEI Volcano Geodesy Commission

From: Alessandro Bonforte <alessandro.bonforte@xxxxxxx>
Subject: IAVCEI Volcano Geodesy Commission

Dear volcanologists and volcanophiles,

We are happy to inform you that the IAVCEI “Volcano Geodesy” Commission is just born. In Portland, during the IAVCEI Assembly, we had a first kick off meeting in order to present the commission, define the mission and the very first steps.

The commission will promote the cooperation among scientists, exchange of experience and information, as well as promoting sessions at the different meetings and assemblies, as well as books and special issues, by informing and stimulating the community through the mail list or web. The commission is characterized by a strongly multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach, so sub-commissions will be defined for different topics.

Furhermore, you can find and join the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/iavcei.geodesy/?fref=ts and follow the twitter account @IAVCEIGeodesy https://twitter.com/IavceiGeodesy.

Finally, we would like to organize a workshop in 2019; we have to decide the location. Proposals for hosting, with a raw cost per person estimation, will be welcome as well as volunteers for managing the web media.

Alessandro Bonforte and Emily Montgomery-Brown

Chairs of IAVCEI Volcano Geodesy Commission