VOLCANO: AGU 2017 session: NH011: Geoscience with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)

From: Peter Webley <pwwebley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AGU 2017 session: NH011: Geoscience with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)

Dear all,

We invite you to submit an abstract to our session at AGU 2017 in New Orleans, December 11 - 15, 2017.

NH011: Geoscience with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session24817

Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) use in geoscience is growing rapidly and will continue to expand over the next few years. High precision observations can track volcanic gas dispersal, map forest fire extent, measure river ice breakup, provide critical search and rescue communications, and measure vegetation health. The aim of this session is to bring together the geoscience community, including those involved in formal and applied science, to present on the newest systems, payloads, and research being performed. We invite contributions from across AGU including those involved in flight planning, UAS integration into manned airspace, and developing new missions as well as ongoing campaigns to collect geoscience data. The session will initiate discussions between AGU focus-areas to foster cross-disciplinary research and science-transfer across the sciences. In particular, the session invites innovative use of UAS platforms and sensors which enables new research directions and synergies not available previously or through other means.

Convenors: Peter W. Webley, , David C. Pieri, Matthew M. Fladeland, and Alexander Braun.

Abstract submission deadline: 2 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT

See you there,

Peter Webley