VOLCANO: IAVCEI is turning 100 in 2019!

From: "Jan M. Lindsay" <j.lindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IAVCEI is turning 100 in 2019!

Colleagues,

IAVCEI is turning 100 in 2019!

Your Executive Committee has started collecting ideas for ways to celebrate our first 100 years!  So far we have come up with the following possibilities:

•            A competition to renew the IAVCEI logo;

•            Activities at the IAVCEI General Assembly (at IUGG), Montreal 2019, such as special symposia,  keynotes on the evolution of aspects volcanology;

•            A Special publication on the history of IAVCEI;

•            Publication of short reflections on key influential people in volcanology, perhaps for social media;

•            Formulation of a “century objective” for volcanology

If you have additional ideas, or thoughts on how we might flesh out the above suggestions, please let us know via email to j.lindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This is your organisation, let’s get some ideas flowing!

*Did you know: Our organisation began its life as the Section de Vulcanologie in 1919, one of the six founding sections of IUGG. This became Association Internationale de Vulcanologie at the IUGG General Assembly in Stockholm in 1930, and finally IAVCEI at the Moscow IUGG General Assembly in 1971*

Associate Professor Jan Lindsay