VOLCANO: Call for contribution to the Frontiers Research Topic "Understanding, Exploring and Exploiting Georesources in Volcanic Areas"

From: Adelina Geyer Traver <ageyertraver@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: VOLCANO: Call for contribution to the Frontiers Research Topic "Understanding, Exploring and Exploiting Georesources in Volcanic Areas"

Dear colleagues,

We would like to encourage you to contribute to the  Frontiers Research Topic "Understanding, Exploring and Exploiting Georesources in Volcanic Areas”  ,  an open access volume in Frontiers in Volcanology aimed at understanding the fundamental processes that regulate the genesis and the dynamics of georesources, a crucial aspect to define innovative strategies to explore and exploit them.

In the frame of this Frontiers Research Topic, we aim to promote interdisciplinary and cross-boundary contributions related to the state-of-the-art and novel research concerning the current knowledge on georesources in volcanic areas. We also welcome those contributions presenting new and innovative techniques applied to image internal structures, numerical approaches to progress in the integration of geological, geochemical and geophysical 3D modelling, and methodologies to determine the distribution and productivity of ore deposits. Finally, contributions related to potential hazard and environmental impact of geothermal and ore deposit exploitation are also encouraged.

This Frontiers Research Topic should help defining a future roadmap to be followed by scientist and industrial partners addressed to improve our knowledge of the dynamics of volcanic systems and the associated natural resources and promote technological development addressed to improve exploration capacities in order to carry out a cost-effective exploitation of georesources in volcanic environments. Industrial stakeholders will definitively benefit from any advance in this research topic by potentially improving the success and accuracy of the exploration phase and providing strategies for a safe and sustainable management of georesources in the exploitation phase.

You should know that Frontiers in Volcanology offers rapid publication, with an average time from submission to publication of 90 days. Full-length research papers incur costs that are reduced by 15% discount within Research Topic submissions (consult table of fees available at frontiersin.org/about/publishing-fees). Full and partial fee waivers are available and depend on funding status. If your institution has agreements with the publisher Frontiers, no fees are applied or other discounts are offered (consult your institution’s library).

You can access the scientific papers that are already included in the Research Topic following the link below:

http://journal.frontiersin.org/researchtopic/4704/understanding-exploring-and-exploiting-georesources-in-volcanic-areas

If you are interested in contributing to this Research Topic, please , contact us and we will provide more detailed information.

Bests Regards,

Adelina Geyer (ageyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Gilda Currenti  (gilda.currenti@xxxxxxx)