VOLCANO: Geology video contest deadline 21 May

From: "Sisson, Thomas" <tsisson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: geology video contest deadline 21 May

The Italian Geological Society (SGI) launched the video contest “ON THE ROCKS” dedicated to “geology" as seen by a broad audience of “geologists”, from students to scientists, but also to professionals or amateurs. The idea is to share, promote and disseminate our “passion” for the Earth across disciplines, education, countries.

We (me and Elisabetta Erba, President of SGI, in cc) are trying hard to extend the interest for this form of communication, especially among PhD students, and we hope to receive many videos illustrating their research projects. In fact, a special category of the video contest is reserved to them. Another category is dedicated to students from the elementary school to the university. A much broader category will include all videos submitted by anybody working on or interested in, or simply curious about geology (scientists, professionals, geology-fans….).

You can find all info at:

We look forward to building a videomaker community for disseminating geosciences.

All the best,
Stefano Poli