VOLCANO: Special issue for eastern Aleutian interdisciplinary research

From: Kirsten Nicolaysen <nicolakp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: special issue for eastern Aleutian interdisciplinary research

Greetings colleagues!

The journal Quaternary Research (https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/quaternary-research) has accepted our proposal to solicit manuscripts for a special issue devoted to exploring the Quaternary history of geologic hazard events, paleoclimate conditions and changes, paleoecosystem conditions and changes, and the effects that all of the above have had on the human inhabitants of the eastern Aleutian arc, as well as the human influence on the paleoenvironment of these islands. The focus of the issue will be on the Islands of the Four Mountains group, neighboring islands and adjacent marine environments.  We particularly encourage submission of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary work. While our target is prehistoric, we would be happy to consider papers that establish modern baseline conditions, for example of marine ecosystem dynamics or the factors in play in modern volcanic activity, as these have rarely been reported for these islands.

At this moment we have received firm commitments of 15 intended contributions from researchers and research groups at the the Museum of the Aleutians, the University of Kansas, the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, Whitman College, the Russian Academy of Sciences, and Fukuoka University among others.

We ask that authors follow the journal's submission guidelines for authors (http://www.editorialmanager.com/qr/default.aspx ) and strive to submit manuscripts by July 15th.

Please don't hesitate to contact any one of us with your questions regarding the special issue and the possibility of including your research.

Sincerely:
Virginia Hatfield, Museum of the Aleutians, virginia@hatfieldarch.com
Breanyn MacInnes, Central Washington University, macinnes@geology.cwu.edu
Kirsten Nicolaysen, Whitman College, nicolakp@xxxxxxxxxxx