VOLCANO: Goldschmidt 5h: Transport of Volatiles, Halogens and Redox Sensitive Elements between the Crust and the Mantle

From: "Sarah B. CICHY" <sarah.cichy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Goldschmidt 5h: Transport of Volatiles, Halogens and Redox Sensitive Elements between the Crust and the Mantle

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our session # 5h at this year's Goldschmidt Conference (August 13-18, Paris, France)

"Transport of Volatiles, Halogens and Redox Sensitive Elements between the Crust and the Mantle:

The cycling of volatiles and redox sensitive elements (e.g. halogens, C, S) is mediated by devolatilization and redox reactions between Earth’s major reservoirs. These exert a fundamental control on element mobility and chemical fluxes, as separation and migration of fluids allow a comparably rapid transfer of chemical signatures from one reservoir to another. This session aims to attract geochemists and petrologists studying redox reactions and mass transfer of elements and isotopes in subduction zones and the exchange of these elements between the mantle and the crust. We welcome contributions that employ natural samples, experimental petrology, geochemistry, thermodynamic modeling, and new high-precision analytical methods to study the dynamics and effects of volatile transport, including but not limited to metal mobilization, ore precipitation, redox effects, mineral–melt–fluid interaction and boundary effects; as well as degassing, fluid-pathways and fluid-transport dynamics, volcanic degassing, and mobility, diffusion and partitioning in mantle sources.
"

Keynote: Mark Kendrick (Australian National University)
Invited talks: Fleurice Parat (Universite Montpellier 2) and Margarita Merkulova (ESRF, Grenoble)

Abstract submission deadline is April 1st, 2017!

Further details can be found on the conference website
https://goldschmidt.info/2017/abstracts

We are looking forward to receiving your abstracts and to seeing you in person at our session # 5h in Paris.

Kind regards,

Magali Bonifacie, IPGP, France (bonifaci@xxxxxxx)
Pierre BouilholLMV/UBP, France (pierre.bouilhol@univ-bpclermont.fr)
Sarah B. CichyUni/GFZ Potsdam, Germany (cichy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)