VOLCANO: Call for submissions to our Submarine Volcanism Session at the GSA Cordilleran Section Meeting

From: Kenneth Rubin <krubin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Submarine Volcanism at GSA Cordilleran section Meeting.

Call for submissions to our Submarine Volcanism Session at the "Geoscience Hotspot" (the GSA Cordilleran Section Meeting), Honolulu, Hawai‘i  (May 23 – 25)

Please consider submitting an abstract to:

T11.Submarine Volcanism in Hawai‘i and Elsewhere.

Conveners: Ken Rubin, Univ. of Hawaii, krubin@xxxxxxxxxx; Sam Mitchell, Univ. of Hawaii, samjm@xxxxxxxxxx.

Description: Most of Earth's volcanism occurs in the oceans, where eruptions and eruption deposits can be difficult to study, yet research using submersible, mapping robots, remote detection, and shore-based sample analysis are leading to leaps in understanding. Submissions on all forms of submarine (or subaqueous) volcanism and studies by any methods are encouraged.

Abstract deadline:  14 February

Meeting information: https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Sections/cd/2017mtg/home.aspx

Ken and Sam,
Univ. Hawaii, Manoa