VOLCANO: EGU session GMPV 1.2 New or Novel? Applications of Experimental Petrology to Earth and Planetary Science Problems

From: "Cassidy, Mike" <mcassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: EGU session GMPV 1.2 New or Novel? Applications of Experimental Petrology to Earth and Planetary Science Problems

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following session at the EGU General Assembly (23-28 April 2017):

GMPV1.2 New or Novel? Applications of Experimental Petrology to Earth and Planetary Science Problems (with AGU VGP Kuno Medal Lecture)

This session will highlight recent advances made in experimental techniques which allows us to better simulate the physical and chemical conditions within the Earth and terrestrial planets. Such experiments make a significant contribution to our understanding of geological processes from determining magmatic reservoir conditions, replicating metamorphic reactions, to testing earth formation and evolution hypotheses or even improving economic exploration.

We seek contributions from researchers who use experiments to study areas ranging from volcanic and igneous scenarios to metamorphic and ore-forming processes. In particular we hope to provide a platform to advertise technological advancements or new research directions that will hopefully improve our understanding of the complexity of natural systems. Contributions could present advances in experimental techniques or instrumentation, or simply apply established methods to new case studies or earth and planetary processes.

The deadline for abstract submission is 11 Jan 2017, 13:00 CET

The session programme can be found at:

http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2017/session/22933

For more information about the EGU meeting, and to submit an abstract, please visit:

http://egu2017.eu/home.html

We look forward to your contributions and seeing you in Vienna.

Conveners:

Mike Cassidy (JGU Mainz & University of Oxford) (mcassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Richard Brooker (University of Bristol)

Diego Perugini (University of Perugia)

Joan Andujar (CNRS Orleans Campus, Orléans)

Jannick Ingrin (Université Lille)