VOLCANO: Memorial Service for Jon Davdison

From: "MACPHERSON, COLIN G." <colin.macpherson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Memorial Service for Jon Davdison

It is with great sadness that we report that Prof. Jon Davidson passed away, peacefully, at home in the early hours of 26th September 2016. Jon has been battling leukaemia for over 8 years during which time he showed tremendous courage and dignity, and continued to do everything he could to promote volcanology and geoscience around the world. Jon will be greatly missed by everyone in the community and we would like to express our deepest sympathy to Jon’s wife Donna and children, Max and Daisy.

A fuller obituary can be accessed with the following link, where you can also leave your own thoughts about and tributes to Jon.

    https://www.dur.ac.uk/earth.sciences/obituary/

A memorial service will be held on Thursday, October 6th at 2:30pm for the committal of Jon at:

St. Margaret’s Church

66 Crossgate

Durham DH1 4PR

Regards,

Col.

An additional tribute to Prof. Jon Davidson can be found on the AGU website; he was elected as one of the 2016 AGU Fellows.
http://vgp.agu.org/jon-davidson-tribute/