VOLCANO: JVGR special issue on volcano geodesy

JVGR special issue on volcano geodesy
From: "Poland, Michael" <mpoland@xxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

To build on the very stimulating volcano geodesy session at AGU in December, we intend to propose a Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research (JVGR) special issue on the topic, which would be the first such special issue since 2006 (also in JVGR -- volume 150, no. 1-3).  The goal of the issue would be to highlight the progress that has been made over the past decade by showcasing new volcano geodesy results , as well as recent advances in techniques (including analysis, instrumentation, and methodology).  We intend to submit a proposal to the journal by early February.  If the proposal is accepted, we would aim for a manuscript submission deadline of June.

As part of the proposal to JVGR, we need to submit a tentative list of authors and manuscript titles.  We therefore ask that interested authors please contact us by January 31 with titles or subjects for manuscripts they would like to submit to the special issue.  Contacting us does not commit you to submitting a manuscript -- it is solely for the purposes of demonstrating the potential composition of the issue for the journal publishers.  Potential contributions are also not restricted to those that took part in the AGU session, but are open to all interested scientists.

We hope you are interested in contributing to this opportunity to showcase recent advances in volcano geodesy.  If you have any questions, need more information, or want to submit your potential title/subject, please contact Jose Fernandez (jft@xxxxxxxxxx).

We look forward to hearing from you,
Jose Fernandez
Antonio Pepe
Freysteinn Sigmundsson