VOLCANO: Vote to help fund interdisciplinary science (on volcanoes)!

Vote to help fund interdisciplinary science (on volcanoes)!
From: "Jess Peláez" <volcanojess@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues and friends,

I'd like to ask for you to do my science organization a favor and vote for us to win $100,000 for our scientific research, because I know you can all appreciate how tough it is to get funding these days.

Voting and more info are here: http://myla2050create2015.maker.good.is/projects/blueprintearth

Blueprint Earth is doing interdisciplinary fieldwork in the Cinder Cones National Natural Landmark area of California's Mojave Desert. Our work integrates geology, biology, hydrology, atmosphere, and engineering. We give college and university students the chance to work directly with scientists in many fields, and to learn hands-on field skills at no cost to them. To date, we've had 76% female, 56% nonwhite minority, and 60% low-income participants. We're starting an elementary education outreach program in a low-income school this month, and we're working to open a working environmental science lab in the next 6 months.

Helping is simple and free, and we could use your support. We're also presenting preliminary results at GSA and AGU this year, so come visit! Feel free to contact me for more information. Thanks very much for your vote!

Best,
Jess
Jess Peláez
Chief Executive Officer
Blueprint Earth
340 S Lemon Ave #7879
Walnut, CA 91789
o - 626.415.7519
c - 310.413.8735
blueprintearth.org - 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Scientific Research & Education
As Featured in Popular Science