VOLCANO: AGU 2015. V045: "Where Arc Magmas Reside: Comparing the Volcanic and Plutonic Records" (# 9834)

AGU 2015. V045: "Where Arc Magmas Reside: Comparing the Volcanic and Plutonic Records" (# 9834)
From: Anita Grunder <grundera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Consider contributing to the session V045: "Where Arc Magmas Reside: Comparing the Volcanic and Plutonic Records" (# 9834) for this year's AGU annual meeting in San Francisco, 14-18 Dec, 2015.

Session Description:
Magmatic processes are powerful agents for creating and reworking the Earth’s crust. Passage and stalling of magmas in arcs brings new material into the crust and drives interactions with wall rock, magma mixing and fractionation, leaving complex crystal histories in both volcanic and plutonic rocks. In intrusive terrains, field relationships, aureole or igneous thermobarometry, and physical modeling inform where magmas reside and get modified. Erupted magmas carry quenched time series of mineralogical and compositional imprints of their crustal traverse.  We invite contributions that use continental arc igneous assemblages to understand magma accumulation and residence in the crust, investigate magma-crust interactions and crustal assimilation, and the processes of magma mobility and eruptibility. We welcome discussions on the nature of plutonic versus volcanic rocks (cumulates/fractionates versus compositional equivalents) and volcanic-plutonic volume ratios. Contributions
 are welcome from petrology, geochemistry, geophysics, modelling and related fields.

Please follow this link for an abstract submission by Aug 5:https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/preliminaryview.cgi/Session9834.html

We look forward to your contribution and the contributions of our invited speakers:

Melanie Barboni (UCLA)
Cal Barnes (Texas Tech)
Kari Cooper (UC Davis)
BJ Walker (Washington State)

We hope to you in San Francisco!

The conveners,

Vali Memeti (Cal State Fullerton)
Gary Michelfelder (Missouri State University)
Anita Grunder (Oregon State University)
Emily Salings (Missouri State University)