VOLCANO: 3D Printing for Geoscience

3D Printing for Geoscience
From: Ian Saginor <ian.saginor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We'll be running a short course at this year's GSA meeting on 3D printing applications for Geoscience research and teaching as well as organizing a companion technical session for those already involved to share their work. There are many potential uses of 3D printing technology for volcanologists and I will be presenting my work 3D printing volcano models for use in hazard outreach and education. The short course is open to all and will introduce participants to 3D printing technology, 3D data acquisition, and model building. If you could forward this to your colleagues and students, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Short Course:
#508: Making a GeoFabLab: How to Combine 3D Scanning, 3D Modeling and 3D Printing for Education and Research
Sat., 31 Oct., 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Cost:$100
Instructors: Franek Hasiuk, Iowa State University; Ian Saginor, Keystone College; Aaron Wood, Iowa State University

Technical Session:
T44: Our Data Belong in Our Hands: 3-D Printing—The Future of Geoscience Research and Education (Posters)

If you know of any Geoscience research currently being performed using 3D printing, please forward us that information as we'd like to contact those researchers directly.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you in Baltimore.

Sincerely,

Ian Saginor